The job-hunting process is never an easy one, but it can be made easier if you’re willing to apply for certain careers that are available. Actually, there are plenty of jobs you can apply for that require great intelligence to succeed, but there are very few jobs that only people with the highest IQ can work.
Here are the following highest IQ jobs that you can work into:
- Electrical engineer – Electrical engineers are some of the highest-paid workers, and for a good reason: their skill set is unique and extremely helpful. They’re involved in everything from designing and building massive machines like our power plants and cell towers to designing and building the next generation of cellular and wireless technologies and everything in between.
- IT and Software Professionals – In today’s world, it is very important to have the ability to think accurately and quickly to respond to the ever-changing needs of a company. Therefore, being a software or IT professional requires you to have a good amount of intelligence and a knack for problem-solving.
- Scientist – Due to recent advancements in technology, being a scientist has become one of the highest IQ jobs you can have. People are always intrigued by these jobs because of how successful they are at their job. They are the people who are able to work in the field of science and are able to come up with ideas for new inventions for their specific field. Usually, being a scientist is very difficult because of how intelligent you have to be in order to work in these fields. Being a scientist is a high-paying career in a growing field in shrinking demand for not only scientists but in general in the field of STEM. Currently, only 1 in 1000 people have a Ph.D. in a STEM field, and only 1 in 10,000 people have a doctorate in a STEM field.
- Medical occupations such as doctors and surgeons – As the highest IQ jobs, doctors and surgeons often draw higher pay and better working conditions than their counterparts in other industries. However, the job also requires a high level of intelligence and motivation and extensive education and training.
- Lawyer – Being a lawyer is a very high IQ job, even among people with a high IQ. But why? It seems counterintuitive, doesn’t it? Why would someone with a relatively low IQ need a high IQ job? First, let’s look at the job itself. A lawyer is a person with a very high IQ who is skilled in the art of persuasion. In other words, a lawyer is a high-IQ salesperson.
- Finance – As you know, Finance is one of the highest IQ jobs in the world. Yes, this is a fact. For instance, being a financial manager is one of the highest IQ jobs out there. It requires people with advanced mathematical and IT skills, along with an enviable talent for managing their own time and workloads.
- Sales – You probably already know that some of the highest-paying jobs are those that require a high level of intelligence. The best example of this is sales, which pays $71,400 annually, or $17.13 an hour. This is a good job for those with high IQs, as the job requires a great deal of mental ability and critical thinking skills.
- Real Estate – Being a real estate agent is one of the high IQ jobs in the world. The job requires you to be able to see eye-to-eye with people who are in different situations than you are. You have to be able to discern what they need and then translate that into a product that makes them feel better about the situation.
- Materials and Design Engineers – Materials and design engineers are the most cerebral of engineers. They are the masterminds behind everything from the material used to make your laptop to the color of the buttons on your smartphone. The fact that these folks are one of the high IQ jobs is a testament to the fact that these are some of the most intelligent people you’ll ever come across.
- College Professors – As you may already know, College Professors are amongst the highest-paid jobs in the country. If you are looking for a job that would provide you with a high salary, then it would be wise to consider becoming a College Professor. There are many benefits that come with the job of being a College Professor, starting with the fact that you get to work in one of the cutest, most diverse locations on earth, which is really nice. However, the job of the College Professor is not just about the location or the salary, but also about the work itself. There are some really intelligent people out there who aim to become College Professors, which means that only the brightest of people can work in this field.
It’s a strange thing to think about, but it’s also true that only people with Highest IQ can work these jobs. If you have a job that requires the ability to keep the company money coming in, you probably have a good grasp on what’s happening, how it’s done, and what’s expected.
The top jobs in the world for people with the highest IQs are typically in scientific fields, usually focused on engineering, mathematics, or other theoretical areas. But, can anyone really work in these jobs? The answer is yes. If you demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and follow instructions, you can learn to excel in any position.
There are jobs that require physical strength, manual dexterity, and the innate ability to memorize and learn information. These are all skills that can be measured and put to use in a variety of job settings, but they’re not the only skills that matter for success in any one of them. Just as other traits, such as work ethic and other personality characteristics, can vary from one occupation to another, so too can intelligence. So, if you want to pursue your passion in whatever field of work that you wish, believe in yourself that you can – of course, make sure to work on the skills that come along with the high IQ jobs, and everything will follow.